Why is the laptop battery not charging?
- The sequence of resetting the settings and configuration of the laptop:
- Typical laptop battery problems
If your battery in a laptop or netbook is no longer recognized by the operating system or the axis reports that the battery is connected but not charging, then do not rush to purchase a new battery. Sometimes this behavior is due to software malfunctions of the laptop itself. To eliminate them, you need to reset the basic input-output system (BIOS) settings, as well as remove the charge from the laptop motherboard.
The sequence of resetting the settings and configuration of the laptop:
- Disconnect from the fixed network;
- Unplug the charger from the laptop;
- Take out the battery;
- Press the power button of the laptop and hold for about a minute;
- Connect the charging to the laptop (without battery);
- Start the device and enter the BIOS menu (Usually you need to press one of the buttons: F12, DEL, F2);
- In the BIOS menu, find the item “SET DEFAULTS or Setup (Restore) Defaults”.
- Apply BIOS system default settings and save before exiting;
- Turn off the laptop (press the power button or hold it down for about 5-7 seconds);
- Disconnect the notebook power from the charger and insert the battery;
- Connect the charger and start the computer;
After loading the operating system, check the status of the battery. If the reset is triggered, the system will determine the amount of remaining battery life or will show the charge as a percentage. The most important thing is that it is written that it is “Connected, charging”. If this does not work, then most likely the battery has a problem or defect.
Typical laptop battery problems
The most common problem of battery failure is its physical deterioration. Modern lithium-ion capacitances are capable of withstanding about 800 recharge cycles. That is, the manufacturer usually takes into account two years of using a laptop, after which it is to be fully serviced or replaced with new ones. dell laptop batteries . Therefore, the battery life is secretly limited to a maximum period of two years (for some manufacturers, three).
Each time a battery is charged and discharged, a so-called cycle occurs. With each such work cycle, the battery loses some capacity. This is due to a chemical reaction inside the device itself. Therefore, for the year the capacity drops by about 15% from the original.
Another problem is the short circuit or poor quality battery in the battery itself. Modern batteries consist internally of several power modules that are connected to one controller. Therefore, if one of them fails, then the rest too. Such batteries can be restored.
The battery is not fully detected by the laptop, although its charge goes and the laptop does not work from the network, then in this case the controller on the battery itself failed - replacing the entire battery.
The laptop battery should be treated with care, as it is a consumable item that can easily fail. Manufacturers often do not include battery damage as a guarantee, as this is a normal process if it is worn out.
share with friends: